- Users of trails and pathways are asked to kindly clean up after their pets and keep them on a short leash.
- Never attempt to walk, bike, run or skate the trail alone. There is safety in numbers.
- Watch for vehicles entering or leaving driveways or park entrances.
- Use the trail between dawn and dusk only.
- Obey all posted "trail use" rules.
- Unless otherwise posted, no motorized vehicles are permitted. Wheelchairs welcomed.
Please do not litter on the trails. Help us to keep our trails clean by removing litter from the trails. Dispose of garbage at home or at garbage containers so that we may keep our trails and pathways beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
Show courtesy to other trail users at all times.
- Walk in single file and always stay to the right side of the trail when being passed by other trail users.
- Give an audible warning and use caution when overtaking other trail users.
- If you stop, please move off the trail to allow other trail users to pass.
- Respect public and private property.
- If you are wearing headphones please look behind you before altering your path in case someone is going to pass you.
Cyclists and Skaters "Wheels Yield to Heels"
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another trail user.
- Announce your presence with a bell or quiet greeting and pass slowly.
- Always be in control of your speed and avoid conflicts with other trail users. Never use the trails to race.
- Avoid harsh skids and any braking action that will destroy the trail surface.
- Stay in single file in congested areas.
- Whether biking or skating, be sure to wear the proper safety equipment. Helmets are a proven life saver!
On-road Trails: The user of the road is solely responsible for risk encountered while cycling. The County of Lambton assumes no responsibility for the safe conditions of its road. The trail is not maintained during the winter season. Any maintenance is done voluntarily. Use at your own risk.Yield to other trail users at all times.